Monday 27 January 2014

Review on Hamish Fulton's website.

The website I am going to review is one of the photographer I have been recently working in the style of  Hamish Fulton or "The Walking Artist" as he calls himself.

To just be brief about what he does, he takes a walk somewhere, be it a forest, mountain or anywhere else and then sums up the walk in a few pictures or a single block of text, very interesting stuff if you ask me. I like his work quite a lot, I find it to be quite interesting, yet I find also to be simple which I like, overly complex things can become dull or just confuse the viewer, but his stuff is just plain and basic, which I like.

http://www.hamish-fulton.com/

The website itself is rather plain in terms of a background, just a plain white background. The main focus of the site is in the center of it where his work is being displayed along with his name, title and a list of numbers that show bits of his work, also if you have sound enabled you can hear sounds from nature, insects buzzing, birds chirping, water running, wind howling down a cave, you can also hear his footsteps and some car horns, I think this adds quite a nice little touch, the viewer instantly knows what he does and where he bases all his work in a sense, it also goes with the pictures and adds to them a little bit. Below the numbers there is a small link that leads to information about the artist, his biography, his work and publications, what I like about it's in a very streamline style of putting it, a basic block colour as a background and another black block to highlight the white text, this then has several drop boxes you can click on to view the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment