Monday 17 March 2014


The decisive moment, a phrase coined by Henri Cartier Bresson. The meaning of this word can have many views and opinions, the term itself is subjective to the individual, someone could find a moment within someone picking up a child, another could find a moment in a dog fetching a stick. For me the Decisive Moment in time is a human reaction to something, so for my take on this I did the simple subject of food, people reaction to a sour taste in their mouths. To create this I made a simple set up, basic lighting and a plain white backdrop. Once my setup was complete I acquired several lemons and sliced them up and made people eat them, recording their reaction to the sourness, some people did not react at all, saying they liked the lemons, however with thicker slices and some luck I got the reaction I was looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment