Wednesday 14 May 2014

Self reflection

During the past year I have partaken in many hours of research, most for projects or blog posts. However in this I will be focusing on talking about the research, those projects are the Photo Book and the second black and white film project.

I experienced many things while I undertook my research, mainly photographers that I had never heard of prior to this, mainly Hamish Futlon and Robert Adams. I found their work to be highly influential in my projects, taking many elements of their work and applying to my own, I found myself focusing more on roads and movement rather than a grand scope of things. I feel like i have improved some just from viewing their work. The research came in the form of reading the books "The Walking Artist" and  "Summer Nights Walking' both very enjoyable and having an effect on me.

The projects that have been influenced by them include, the book one which was entirely focused on Hamish Fulton's work, I took his idea of gathering photographs from just one single walk and then edited them together to create a map that when folded out, shows all my photographs. Another project that was influenced was my previous film project. Robert Adam's book had a major impact how I shot it all, I have took pictures of an area which had a very urban and nature mixed look, very similar to the book however it was in broad daylight so I could look to Fulton's work to help find the correct way to frame it in daylight, all in all their work together has had major impact on me and has definitely effected the way I photograph things.




No comments:

Post a Comment