Wednesday 28 January 2015

This was a project about displaying work in a public space. My idea came from an old project of mine, having an old photograph within a new one. To get this effect I first had to conduct my research which involved me looking through history records on the internet net of the area Bootle, I chose three locations, a church overlooking a road, a fire station and finally a war monument.

To get the photographs I first had to go out and take them, using the photographs of the old locations I spent a total of an hour taking shots of the same locations in the modern time, I found this to be fairly simple and straight forward, no issues came up that I couldn't handle with ease. I had a car drive me to each location so it cut down on the travel time in general, getting the shots I liked was quite easy.


This first one of is of the old fire station in bootle, the idea came when I saw this photograph of a fire engine coming out the station, likely going out on a job. I figured it would be strong to have it coming back out of the station, I got this look by using photoshop.





Second one, is of the old war monument and the an old photograph of three girls in white standing in front of it. I liked the idea of doing this because I knew I would be able to match up the two images. I have on complaints about this one.





The final one I find is the weakest out of the three, the main problem is that the image doesn't match with the old photograph as well as I want to. However I do like how it looked when laid on top of my own image, you can see the matching areas but due to the different lens and angle it won't look the same without further reshoots and editing which the time limits won't allow.







All this work will be presented in the Bootle New Strand, in the window of the lower level of T.J Hughes, I will show it along side another student who will be showing a similar subject matter. Overall I am pleased with the work I put out for this and I was quite impressed with the speed in which I did all this. If I could do this again i'd like to spend a lot more time in shooting and getting more old photographs, I want to get more out of this and I feel like I can in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment